Celebrate!Spanaway Committee, Inc.
is an all-volunteer IRS
Title 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit
licensed in Washington State.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Celebrate!Spanaway Committee, Inc.
Photographs © JSPhotography
for permission to use our copyrighted images and text.
Established in 1890, Spanaway is located in unincorporated Pierce County, Washington, fifteen miles south of Tacoma on State Road 7, the "Mountain Highway", and adjacent to the east boundary of Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Images of America - Spanaway
A pictorial history of the Nisqually Plain, the Hudson Bay Company, Tacoma, Fort Lewis, and McChord, told through Spanaway’s view.
To peek inside this book, click on the gold button.
Share the memories!
Remember the Bargain Basket, Herman's Shurfine Market, the Auction Barn?
See these and more loved but lost old favorites
in recently discovered photographs in Chapter Six.
The regular price of $21.99 includes free gift wrap and free shipping anywhere in the U.S.
Sales through Celebrate!Spanaway support local charities
Click the button for other stories about Spanaway
Readers respond: |
- I absolutely loved the book on Spanaway! I will cherish this book!
- My granddaughter has the Spanaway book on her coffee table. One of her friends came over; saw the book, and couldn't put it down. My granddaughter lives in Michigan. Her friend has never been to Spanaway.
- An outstanding job of searching and putting together facts and photos of my birthplace, Spanaway. . .An excellent publication.
- I was born in Spanaway in 1927 and lived there until I retired. This has information I never knew before.
- A perfect balance of information and story-telling.
- A charming and unique look at Spanaway through the years
- I learned some really interesting things that I had no idea were part of our history!
- I read it through twice and I am reading it again. It is so full of interesting information.
- THANK YOU for bringing the story of Spanaway growing up for all of us to enjoy!
Wednesday April 1, 1-3 p.m.
Click on the blacksmith
for more information.
To report a problem
or request a listing
on this site
Graphic Design and programming support provided by
This site uses Adobe Acrobat pdf files. Click on the Adobe icon for a free file reader
Set your browser settings for pdf files to "read".